Rig Move Permits are good for 7 business days for up to 150 vehicles.
All vehicles/companies on this permit must have their current TERO ID and MHA DOT Decal #.
Payment can be made on or before the move occurs.
- Company information
- Vehicle Information: Plate Number, Vehicle Weight, Complete Vin Number, Make, and Year
- Trip Information: Load description, Route Information, Date of Travel
- Location information: Rig number or Name of Location Sublessors Information: Vehicle Info, TERO ID, MHA DOT Decal#
*credit card transitions are subject to a 3.09% fee
- Rig Move Permits are required when you are driving on a road that is within the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation. Includes: State, County, Leased & BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs) Route. *as of Dec. 1, 2018*
- Approved permits are found online when logging into your account.
- Trips are defined as traveling from point “A” to “B” and can not be used for more than one trip.
- Permits are valid 1/2 hour before sunrise & 1/2 hour before sunset.
- Astringent or special circumstances allow the date to change and you must have prior approval from MHA DOT.
- Permits are not valid on state recognized holidays or during inclement weather.
- Any vehicle, crane, work over unit (rig), oversize vehicle (14′ hight & 8′ 6″ wide), overweight vehicle (105,000 lbs. or above), earth moving equipment, construction vehicles must obtain a special moving permit.
- These permits to do not give you blanket authority to use county roads that have weight restrictions.
- Permits need to be obtained before movement occurs. Without a permit, a citation will be given.
Citations are issued if the company does not have a TERO Business License, DOT Decal or Special Moving Permit while doing business on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation.
How to Apply Online
Frequently Asked Questions
Processed permits & receipts are directly emailed to the specified email on the application. You can print a copy of the permit from your online application by selecting the print option next to the processed application.
Shawnta Everett can be reached by phone or email. Please have the last 4 digits of the processed permit ready when requesting any changes or a receipt.
Call the office and any of our employees will be more than happy to get a credit card over the phone or change your online credit card in the system