Rig Move Permit Application

 Rig Move Permits are good for 7 business days for up to 150 vehicles.
All vehicles/companies on this permit must have their current TERO ID and MHA DOT Decal #.
Payment can be made on or before the move occurs.

Required Information

  1. Company information
  2. Vehicle Information: Plate Number, Vehicle Weight, Complete Vin Number, Make, and Year
  3. Trip Information: Load description, Route Information, Date of Travel
  4. Location information: Rig number or Name of Location Sublessors Information: Vehicle Info, TERO ID, MHA DOT Decal#



*credit card transitions are subject to a 3.09% fee


  • Rig Move Permits are required when you are driving on a road that is within the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation. Includes: State, County, Leased & BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs) Route. *as of Dec. 1, 2018*
  • Approved permits are found online when logging into your account.
  • Trips are defined as traveling from point “A” to “B” and can not be used for more than one trip.
  • Permits are valid 1/2 hour before sunrise & 1/2 hour before sunset.
  • Astringent or special circumstances allow the date to change and you must have prior approval from MHA DOT.
  • Permits are not valid on state recognized holidays or during inclement weather.
  • Any vehicle, crane, work over unit (rig), oversize vehicle (14′ hight & 8′ 6″ wide), overweight vehicle (105,000 lbs. or above), earth moving equipment, construction vehicles must obtain a special moving permit.
  • These permits to do not give you blanket authority to use county roads that have weight restrictions.
  • Permits need to be obtained before movement occurs. Without a permit, a citation will be given.
Citations are issued if the company does not have a TERO Business License, DOT Decal or Special Moving Permit while doing business on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation.

How to Apply Online


Step 1

Create Account and verify email address to activate account

Step 2

Log in using your username and password

Step 3

Select “Applications” & select the permit you need

Step 4

Click the “New Application” button and complete the form

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get my permit?

Processed permits & receipts are directly emailed to the specified email on the application. You can print a copy of the permit from your online application by selecting the print option next to the processed application.

Who do I contact if I have questions about my processed permit?

Shawnta Everett can be reached by phone or email. Please have the last 4 digits of the processed permit ready when requesting any changes or a receipt.

I am unable to submit a payment online, what do I do?

Call the office and any of our employees will be more than happy to get a credit card over the phone or change your online credit card in the system

Citations, Permits, Receipts Contact

Shawnta Everett
Email: severett@mhanation.com
Office: (701) 627-2838
Fax: (701) 627-3448

Hours of Operation

  • 8:30am – 3:30pm
  • 11:30am – 1:00pm