Accepting applications and documents by appointment only! Call our office at (701) 627-4513 Following COVID-19 guidelines; we require all visitors to wear masks.
On September 2, 2015, the Mandan, Hidatsa, Arikara (MHA) Tribal Business Council (TBC), approved and voted in favor of tribal plates; Resolution #15-147-LKH.
Registration is open for Three Affiliated Tribes members who live on the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation.
APPLICATIONS & FORMS
If you’d like to reserve your personalized license plates please send in a written request to our office via email
Pricing for all vehicles depends on the weight and the year of the vehicle being registered – If you would like a quote please email or call our office directly
Enrolled Members Need The Following Documents
- Properly assigned titles or manufactured certificate of origin, bill of sale, lien release
- Tribal enrollment card and a valid Driver’s License
- Current insurance for each vehicle (optional MHA Tribal Code SL1967 39-16-18, unless lien holder requires full insurance coverage)
- Proof of current physical address within the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation: utility bill or three pieces of current mail
- Handicap placards and plates are available if approved by a doctor. Please use the Handicap form on our website.
License plates will be available for motor vehicles, campers, motorcycles, all terrain vehicles, utility trailers and boat trailers.
WE DO NOT REGISTER VEHICLES EXCEEDING 55,000 LBS, SEMIS, SEMI TRAILERS OR ANY TYPE OF WATERCRAFT!
Registering Tribal Government Vehicles
New vehicles must be updated with the Fixed Assets program PRIOR to updating with the MHA Licensing Department
- The Fixed Assets program will update MHA Licensing with the proper documents and fill out an application for each program’s vehicle.
- When the proper documents are received, MHA Licensing will issue a TEMPORARY permit and invoice for the individual program.
- After the program pays the invoice for MHA Licensing, the registration and plates will be issued.
Personalized plates are also available for any program or segment by request.
Tags for the Tribal Government vehicles do not expire.
The MHA Nation license plates will be available to those who live within the boundaries of the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Enrolled members would only pay the MHA DOT Licensing Administration, the fees would be for tags, license plates, renewals, plate fees or for other vehicles on the road.
No, this is optional. The enrolled member can still have the ND state plates if they choose.
Yes, the MHA Nation plates are available to tribal enrolled members only.
All patrol officers need probable cause when stopping drivers. Always practice good driving.
There is an exception. If the enrolled member is married to a non-enrolled and BOTH names are on the title, they will be able to get a MHA Nation license plate.
Yes, the MHA DOT Licensing Administration will have a compact agreement with the state of North Dakota for the MHA license plates and tags.
We are located downtown New Town; 335 Main Street, next to Sportsman’s Bar and Game & Fish
This program will be very lucrative for the MHA Nation at the discretion of the MHA Nation TBC, any money that flows into the MHA DOT licensing program can create jobs, or a percentage of the money can help other tribal programs.
Designs are coming soon! Check out our samples!
Cars, trucks, motorcycles, pick up, motor home, ATV, and pull trailers.
We are currently NOT ABLE to license or title the following: Semi-trucks, Semi-Trailers, Watercraft or vehicles over 55,000 lbs.